Hair loss in both young men and women has become a common problem and if left unattended it can lead to baldness. Baldness is more common in men due to their stressed life combined with generic factors and it progresses really fast in men above 30 years. Hair restoration is the only solution to baldness or extreme hair loss and it involves the extraction of live root bearing hair follicles from the sides and back of the head then implanting them in the affected area. The following are 8 facts you should know about hair restoration.
- Hair restoration procedures are carried out with your own hair and the transplanted hair automatically grows without any special maintenance or medical need. You can wash it or cut trim.
- There are various hair restoration techniques, the most common one is the strip method also known as FUT and FUE. FUT is more common due to its cost effectiveness but it leaves a scar behind that can be camouflaged by the hair surgeon using the Trichophytic closure. In this closure techniques, hair grows around the scar line covering it up. FUE is a no sature and it is recommended to maintain short hair.
- Hair restoration does not necessarily leave your head full of hair. The results vary depending on the extent of the baldness, hair type and the amount of hair available in the donor area among other individual variables.
- Hair restoration today is a one day procedure, you do not have to stay in the hospital for days waiting to recover fully.
- Hair restoration is a permanent solution for hair loss and baldness. It involves the distribution of your own hair across the scalp through a surgical procedure in either one or two sessions.
- Not all baldness cases that can be corrected with hair restoration. The hair physician should be well qualified to counsel you on the right treatment as well as examine the extent of hair damage.
- As per the discretion of the hair physician, there are cases where body hair can be transplanted; that is hair graft can be removed from other body areas such as the chest, beard, legs, hands etc and planted on the scalp. The cost of hair restoration procedure is mainly determined by the number of hair grafts transplanted. A hair graft consists of 1-5 hair strands. The latest hair restoration surgeries are undetectable because they are done under microscopic magnification instead of naked eye surgeries.